I scored 92 points to win the bowling game my kids and I played at Splitsville Luxury Lanes the other day. It’s not a spectacular score but I did get two strikes after getting off to a terrible start. You’ve seen the posts I’ve shared with you about our trip to Disney World. Splitsville is one of the stops we made during the preview and grand opening of the New Fantasyland.
Goofy stopped by to get things started in grand style, then we were invited into the Rock and Bowl party.
My kids and I were a part of the preview so we were able to sample the delicious food. Have you ever heard of a bowling center that had sushi on the menu? Yeah, we hadn’t either, but Splitsville has it and it was quite tasty. The ingredients were fresh and there was no imitation anything in sight. There was pizza, including the a very delicious barbeque chicken pizza. Yum!!!
The service was done in usual Disney style. The servers were attentive and made sure we had everything we needed. The music was loud and thumping just like it should be in a bowling lane.
There are two floors with a total of 30 bowling lanes, three pool tables, two sushi bars, and four bars for your favorite drink (including non-alcoholic beverages).
Here are 10 facts about Splitsville:
- Opening: Early December, 2012 in Downtown Disney West Side at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Square Footage: 50,000. Largest Splitsville ever built.
- Number of lanes: 30. Nearly twice as many as any other Splitsville.
- Lane configuration: 20 lanes second-level, 10 ground-level. First two-level Splitsville of its kind.
- Number of bars: Five, featuring the famous Splitsville frozen schooner of beer, specialty cocktails and a wide selection of frozen specialty drinks.
- Featured menu items: Hand-cut steaks, mahi mahi with Voodoo shrimp, fresh-rolled sushi, filet sliders, hand-tossed pizza and classic hamburgers made with Splitsville’s special blend of certified angus brisket, short rib and ground chuck.
- Number of sushi bars: Two – one on each level where customers can watch chefs roll their hand-made creations and belly-up for a Volcano Roll, Super Tuna or any of the fresh selections.
- Other unique features: Lane concierge responsible for delivering shoes and bowling balls to your lanes prior to your arrival; outdoor patio dining on both floors; billiards tables; live music seven nights a week; more than 60 flat screen TVs.
- First location: Tampa, Fla. (opened December 2003)
- Other Splitsville locations: Tampa; Miami; Fairview, Texas and Fredericksburg, Va.
Check out the rest of the pictures on Google+ —>>> RichSingleMomma @ Splitsville at Downtown Disney
Latest posts by Samantha Gregory (see all)
- Tooth Fairy Calculator - May 15, 2013
- The Avengers Teach Kids About Money - May 14, 2013
- Mother’s Day Gold Heart Charm Necklace Review and Giveaway - May 8, 2013